Monday, August 3, 2009

Can I kick the baby?


I am 35 weeks pregnant so I am getting to the end of my pregnancy. Not only do I waddle when I walk, I also am eating everything in front of me. It doesn't matter what it is: a watermelon, a tomoato, or southern fried chicken with gravy, I will eat it. Even though the waddling and the eating habits are the same, this pregnancy feels different. I realized that because this is the third baby, I am not doing the same prep work to get ready for our little Harper Elizabeth. To get in the 'mood' to have the baby, this is what I have done to prep:
1. I've gone through all of Abby's clothes and thrown away the outfits that are too gross to be worn in public. Why did I pack those clothes away in the closet for two years?
2. I've packed a bag for the hospital.
3. I have taught Abby to say "Harper." She says it "ha-pur. in mommy's tummy." That is her full name.
4. I have talked to Will about the baby in my tummy. During my conversations, I told Will that the baby kicks me. Will's only question was that he wanted to know if he could kick the baby back.
5. I have forced Matt to vacuum. He found where we keep the vacuum.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

35 weeks! Girl, this pregnancy of yours has gone by so fast (for me anyway). Are you coming to the picnic? I hope so (but you may have ANOTHER baby by then - woah!) You look fabulous by the way.

MamaDoo said...

Holy Crap!!! I seriously had no idea you were that far along. I would have guessed 28 weeks. What was I thinking? You look great though and I LOVE the name!