Friday, September 25, 2009

Going to the State Fair


So Matt suggested that we take the kids to the fair. What the heck, Harper is now two WHOLE weeks old so I agreed. (Yes, I might be crazy).

Even though it is September, it is very hot outside. Even though I am still not 100% up to speed we walked the whole way. Even though we planned not to spend all of the $120.00 we got out of the bank, we knew we were just kidding ourselves. With all of these things stacked against the fair, the kids had a blast and I got to eat an elephant ear (that was my dinner--being a grown up is cool).

Here are a few pictures from the rides and the fair. I 'volunteered' to ride the rides with the kids and I had more fun than they did on some of them. I am too old for rides that go around and around, or anything that says 'whirl' in the title. They give me a headache (yeah, that makes me sound old). I am not too old for roller coasters but my legs are too long for the kid-sized ones. I squeezed in for the sake of the kids.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Obviously baby #3 is a whole different ballgame than #1. Just the thought of going to the fair two weeks after giving birth makes my body hurt...much less riding roller coasters. It looks like everyone had a blast though, hee hee!