Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Fun moms take their kids out to dinner.

What's a mom to do when her partner in crime (dad) is out of town?  There is really only choice here...ice cream for dinner.  I made the executive decision that not forcing the kids to eat dinner at home would be fine if we went out together.  Here are the list of good things I rationalized in my brain:
1. My kids would think I am cool.  They don't think this very often, so I seized the chance.
2. Matt would think I am a fun parent.  He doesn't think this very often as I enforce bedtime and won't let people wear shorts to school in the winter time.
3. Frozen yogurt is technically a health food.
4. The store is locally owned so I am helping a small business person.
5. We shared an apple on the way there.
While we were there, I texted Matt this picture.  His exact response back: "Mom of the year, I am so proud of you!"  I was feeling very smug about letting go and being a cool mom...and then the baby dropped her ice cream, Harper stepped in it, Will asked for another bowl (whined over and over) and Abby wouldn't let Harper be in her show that she was putting on for me in the middle of the ice cream store. I guess I can't win them all, but I can convince Matt that I am a fun parent.  

No comments: