Sunday, June 6, 2010

Garden help

Matt built me a raised flower bed last year when he was in a mood to do house projects. This was also the same week I gave birth to Harper. Odd timing but I was still happy to have my new flower bed. It is officially summer and I am having a great time planting veggies in the garden. Yes, I am sure I am the only one who is going to eat what I grow...Matt doesn't "trust" what is coming up and the kids think that veggies are poison. Here are a few pictures of Abby helping me plant seeds. It took us longer to get her gloves on than it did to plant all the seeds. Please don't look at my dirty garage. Abby kept asking me where the plants were. I told her that they would grow out of the seed. She inspected all the seeds and told me "Mommy, I think it might take a while." Thanks for the pep talk.Please don't miss the shoes of choice for our little gardener. She is wearing one of her brother's old car shoes. She also is wearing one of her "go-go" shoes...because we lost the other one and I can't bring myself to buy a 3 year old another pair of high heeled play shoes.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

The "go go" shoes are known as "cloppy" shoes around here and the only reason we've got more than one pair is because they're fairly easy to score at yard sales (usually for about $0.50 a pair). That, and the fact that we've got more than one kid clamoring for a pair to wear during dress up...just wait until Abby and Harper are fighting over them :)