Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A bachelorette party with this old lady

LP is getting married in a few short weeks. For her bachelorette weekend, 8 very fine ladies went to Wrightsville beach to live it up like the rock stars we know we are....kind of. Here are the stories that I must write down to give you a little snap shot of a bachelorette weekend when you are 29.

1. My price of entry was 10 hours (5 hours down and then 5 hours back) in the car with all three children. Matt supposedly had to work but every time I spoke to him he was playing corn hole

2. I dropped the kids off at Papa Tim and Shay Shay's house at 8pm on Friday. I felt free! I felt awesome and young with NO car seats in the back. I turned up the radio and headed off to the beach house a few minutes away. On my drive, a young man drove up along side me and stopped next to me at the stop light. He smiled. I smiled. What a great start to the weekend! He then motioned for me to roll down the window. Okay, from the safety of my own car, this should be fine, what the heck.

He said: "Hey."

I said: "Hey."

Then he said: "Did you know you have two ice cream cups on your back bumper? They are about to fall off."
Dang. That went a different direction than I expected.

I immediately started laughing. I guess I think I am just a little hotter than I actually am. I also realized I can't get away from being a mom, even when the kids are not in the car. It was just like the Toyota commercial where the lady leaves her diaper bag on top of her van, only mine was ice cream cups.

3. On the first night we were there, we had dinner at the house and talked until the wee hours of the morning. We also had a dance party. For the sake of comfort, we changed into our jammies first. Save those restrictive dress up clothes for another day. While we are at it, I am also going take my contacts out and change into my glasses too.


4. Here is a great picture of all of us out on the town. Interestingly enough, the young man who took this picture told us to all make our best "cougar face." All eight of us stopped talking to stare him down.
One of our group yelled: "We are not cougars! We are not old!"

All I know is that when we are cougars, we are going to look great.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! What fun, what fun. But hey - you forgot the picture! I expect to see an edited post soon :-)

Anna said...

Pictures now up! I will send you the ones with you dancing in your jammies.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious...I went to a bachelorette party at the age of 29 and was *pregnant*. Now that's a good time! The bouncer at the bar actually asked me what I was doing. My response: "I'm a devoted bridesmaid."