Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The first day of kindergarten

William went to kindergarten today. There were no tears, no crying but lots of big smiles from Will. I, on the the other hand, had a rough go of it with the new morning routine. It was really hard getting to the bus stop on time. Yes, I know I have been packing up the kids and taking them to day care every morning for 5 years, but being on time for a bus is a whole other ball game. The mommy stakes have been raised. And then there is homework too?!? Kindergarten is hard. Here are a few pictures from our morning.

Will waiting with his guy friends at the bus stop.
He is ready to get on the bus and go! No fear from this guy.
Abby packed her own lunch and her bunny for 'school' this morning. Check her out looking very grown up. I also bought her a nap mat that was a school supply requirement for Will. The 6 extra dollars I spent was well worth the peace it bought me.
Harper needed a break and got back into the car. Yes, she is using Will's old car seat from when he was small.

No comments: