Sunday, September 25, 2011

So what is wrong with you?

I have not gotten along very well with bugs this year.  Earlier in the year, I was attached by chiggers and had to be put on antibiotics.  I will spare the details on the blog.  For a visual, when I showed my friend Meg who is a medical professional, she responded with "that is pretty gross.  Go get it checked out."

Recently, I got a tick or spider bite.  I will not spare you the details so stop now if you don't want to know the rest.  Here is a picture of the bite. It is about the size of three quarters and it is on my back.  Gross, I know.

Turns out that I have a tick borne illness.  It is not Lyme disease which is good, but I still am bad.  The fever is gone.  The bug bite is almost gone.  The weakness in my legs is not gone.  I am walking around like I am lame.  I stagger.  I am slow.  People at work keep asking what is wrong with me.  I tell them, but then I regret it.  They regret asking.  So now I am telling the world:  Stay away from ticks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YIKES! If it makes you feel any better, any time I pull out my tweezers (including to pluck my eyebrows), Mack asks "You got a tick?" But thankfully we haven't been bit by an evil tick like the one that apparently got you. I hope you are all better soon!!!!!

dozoutsm