Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful


It is hard to teach kids to be thankful. We talk about it and discuss it, but when it comes right down to it, they (we all) have it pretty good. Our house is warm and there are things we like to eat. The laundry is done and we have cable. Will did a paper at school of all the things he is grateful for. This reminds me that the basic things are good things and not to miss them.  This is so my boy:



To follow his example, here are the things I am grateful for this Thanksgiving.
1. I am thankful for 4 healthy, vivacious children that challenge and delight me.
2. I am thankful for disposable diapers.
3. I am thankful for maternity leave.
4. I am thankful that I remembered to thaw the turkey this year.
5. I am thankful for a husband who has funny stories and more patience than me.
6. I am thankful for a mom that doesn’t mind coming to my house to cook most of the thanksgiving meal.
7. I am thankful for mashed potatoes.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: