Monday, January 21, 2013

A Stomach Sleeper


Snoozing away.

Afternoon nap with big sister Harper.
Babies are supposed to sleep on their backs, right? Right.  Tell that to Cece.  She doesn't like it.  She refuses.  So what is a mom to do?  I let her sleep on her stomach, that's what.  There are lots of people who wake me up in the middle of the night (Will, Abby, Harper, the cat, and Matt) so I have to do what I can to minimize Cecilia's waking up during sleep time. 
There is plenty of guilt that goes along with her sleeping on her stomach.  I know my doctor would disapprove.  At her doctor appointment he said: "you know that back is best."  I smiled knowing and said "yes."  Then in my head I told myself to not over share.  I didn't lie to the man, I just simply agreed with him.  I am doing what I have to do to survive.  
Asleep on the couch.
One day the doctors will all come out with new studies and tell us to put our babies to sleep on their tummies again.  I will just tell C that she was ahead of the trend.

Sleeping in on the weekend with Elvis and Matt.

1 comment:

MamaDoo said...

I did the same thing with our pediatrician! Yes yes, I completely agree with you dr...but I gotta survive!