Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter with all of us

We went and saw my parents at my childhood home in Charlotte for Easter.  On the first night, we got home at about 9:30.  The kids were wild and just wanted to get out of the car.  Once we put the car in park, we fell out of the minivan.  As all the cups and trash fell out behind us, we ran towards my mom's back door. The kids wanted to be out of the car.  I wanted to be at my mom's house where she does all the hard work.  

Nana doing all the hard work.
I was not disappointed.  There were cookies and drinks and clean beds waiting for me.   I was home.  I got to stay in my old room.  I dropped my bags (along with my kids bags) and sighed a breath of release.  Time to relax!  I just forgot one thing...it is my old room with my old bed and my old stereo and old dresser, however now I have three kids sleeping on the floor and the baby in the crib. It looks exactly the same, but it feels so different.  No matter what, there is no relaxing with 4 children.
The kids had so much fun playing with their cousin Jaxson and running a muck at Nana's house.  The days started early and ended late.  There were big meals, with dessert for everyone.  It didn't matter if they never ate a bite of broccoli, they still got dessert!  Nana even gave the kids an extra piece of cake after dinner when they asked.  My kids were not shy about asking.  Heck, I was not shy about asking for myself.  I was right there in line with them. 
After church on Sunday, we did manage to snap a few pictures. We were smiling because we were promised cake and potato salad after a few cute pictures.

1 comment:

MamaDoo said...

LOL! I know exactly what you mean and we only have 2 kids and a 1 hr drive "home." It's so awesome to let go of some mommy mode and be a kid at mom's house.