Sunday, June 16, 2013

Abby's Ears

My very precocious 6 year old wanted to get her ears pierced.  Matt and I had her save up 20 dollars from her allowance and from chores that she did around the house to pay for the piercing.
On an allowance of $3.00 a week, she was a long way away from her goal.  But Abby set her mind to making it happen so she started doing housework to make up the rest of the money.  She did some pretty nasty chores, for a dollar each, including cleaning the man-room (eww), taking out the diaper trash (double eww) and putting away the dishes and the groceries. 

This Saturday is the day she made it.  On Sunday we went on a "big girl" trip, just me, Harper and Abby to get Abby's ears pierced.
She did not know what was coming. I was holding her hand during the piercing so I didn't take a picture, however her face was awesome.  Shock, sadness, anger, excitement.  She cried, but it was short lived.

A young girl about eleven years old stopped to watch Abby get her ears pierced.  After the girl saw Abby's face, the girl turned to her dad and said:  "I'm never going to do that."  Her dad thanked me. 

Way to go Abby, you made it. 



No comments: