Friday, June 14, 2013

The last day of school

We made it.  It is the last day of school. 

The kids were so excited to jump off the bus and start summer.  I was so excited for them.  I even took the day off of work to meet them when they got off the bus.  My friend had cookies, which was almost better than vacation itself.  Almost.


It was just a few short months ago that this school year started. 

The day did come full circle when Harper asked me when she was going to get to ride the bus.

Harper: Next year, I will ride the bus, right Mommy?
Me: No Harper, when you are five, you will get to ride the bus.
Harper: Okay Mommy, I will be five next year.  I will ride the bus.
Me: Harper you are going to be four.
Harper: No, I will be five.  I will ride the bus.
Me: How about a cookie?

That girl wants to ride the bus. 

No comments: