Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Football-The Sideshow

The last post was about Will and his football. I am not giving the full picture if I don't cover the sideshow activites of three lively girls. We arrive at practice with only a few minutes to spare. I usually come loaded with snacks (even though we have just had dinner) and crafts (we always need crafts). Now we are ready to sit and enjoy the night air. The girls play with friends and romp on the side lines.


As the season wears on, I stop going to practice. I turn that over to Matt because he loves it and because I get sick of it.

In August, there are a few magic weeks where it is fun again. While our attention is usually focused on Will during these events, the side show is usually just as entertaining if not more so. Here is a typical night of practice.

On this night, the girls can't keep their hands off the field rope.  The rope runs around the field to keep people (parents I guess) off the field.  My girls like to use it as a “let’s see how many times I can touch it before mommy loses her cool” rope.   C, at least this year you sit where I leave you.  You will be up with that rope next year. 


No comments: