Monday, January 19, 2009

French Toast

Two Saturdays ago I got the idea to make French toast with the kids. William is getting to be a pretty good egg breaker so I put him in charge of that. He likes to help so I am prepared with six extra towels and a bunch of patience. Will’s job was to break the eggs, mix in the milk and then dip the bread. He had fun but wasn’t so sure about eating what he made. I never thought I would be talking someone into TRYING french toast! Will is not an adventurous eater…a lot like his father. So what did I do? Bust out the Syrup. Yes, I know it is not good for him but who eats french toast plain?
On the other hand, Abby was just a trooper. She didn’t care that she didn’t get to help, she was just ready for food. She liked it even better that she didn’t have to wear her shirt while she ate.
Here are a few pictures of Will and Abby enjoying the spoils of their hard work. After they were done eating I had to hold them over the sink and scrub to get them clean and de-syruped. I love
Saturday mornings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those pictures are TOO CUTE dude