Sunday, February 15, 2009

I swear, Mommy just a handful of green beans.

I am now 11 weeks pregnant and in the middle of the normal nausea and food cravings that I remember from my first two pregnancies. When I don't feel sick, I want to eat junk. For example, I just ate two oreos with whip cream on top of them. They were awesome.

When I was pregnant with Will, I didn't have to worry about what I ate. I just sat on the couch and ate whatever I felt like.
When I was pregnant with Abby, I had to hide my snacks from Will, but it wasn't hard. He was little and didn't see me sneaking the cookies.
Now it is a whole new ball game. Will sees me eating something and wants a bite. Abby comes running when she hears me open up the pantry door. She starts yelling "bite!" before she even sees what I have. If they don't see the actual junk food I just stuffed in my mouth, I usually lie to my sweet kids and tell them that I just ate a handful of green beans.

As a mom, I always make sure the kids eat healthy meals. We sit down at the table to eat and I make sure there are fruits and veggies. The logical, smart person inside of me tells me that I should not eat junk food that I have to hide from the kids. Problem solved. The pregnant person inside of me tells me to go get a big scoop of chocolate frosting out of the fridge.

What's a pregnant girl to do? There is only one smart decision here... Hide the junk food in a better location to throw off the kids. Problem solved.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bwaaa ha ha ha - that is hilarious. Pregnancy = junk food...but so does postpartum I have found (says the girl who just ate a bowl of chocolate-peanut butter ice cream).

Krankin said...

you are the best mommy ever...seriously! i only hope to be half as funny and creative when my turn comes...

lauraknight said...

Hey, Anna. Congrats to you and Matt on the new baby!

I'm not sure how I found your blog, but here I am. Maybe through facebook. Anyway, just had to tell you that I am not pregnant, but still hide junk food from my girls...mainly chocolate. You never know when a little piece of chocolate will help you through a rough mommy day. Sad, I know, but oh so true. Just wanted you to know you're not alone.

Unknown said...

High-larious!!!