Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our Car Trip

We traveled last week to Cookeville, TN to be with my family for Mayme's memorial service. It was a beautiful service and we got to be together as a family. To drive the 16 hour trip (8 hours each way), we rented a minivan and asked (begged and pleaded) my sister to ride with us so we would have an extra adult in the car. We were lucky to have Aunt Ack-Ack with us. She did great through the crying, snack demands and multiple stops at resturants with a playland. I never saw her laugh so hard as when Abby asked if 'Ack-Ack make funny of you Mom?' Becca had made fun of me, for the record. On the way back, we drove with limited stops to beat the snow. We did what ever we had to in order to keep the little people happy, including bribing with soda. I ended up separating Will and Abby after I found myself saying, "Just hit her back Will, then she will stop bothering you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Mountain Dew couldn't keep her awake? ;)

lauraknight said...

You have such a precious family, and it was wonderful to be with you last week. Thank you for making the effort to be there. I know what those long car trips are like with kiddos! That is a precious picture of Abby. Glad you made it safely home.