Wednesday, December 1, 2010

thanksgiving comes but once a year...

...and good thing because I can't zip up my skinny pants. We had a great time with the family who made the long drive up from North Carolina to visit. To add a little spice to this year's post about Thanksgiving, I asked the little people in my house to tell me what they are thankful for. Harper can't speak coherently yet but if she could, I am sure she would list things she is thankful for in the following order:

1. Bunny. This is a stuffed pink bunny that used to be Abby's. Harper's face lights up when she sees bunny.

2. Daddy. She loves her daddy ALMOST as much as she loves bunny. She has the same reaction when she sees Daddy as when she sees bunny.

3. All the rest of you people who are not bunny and not daddy. Sure, she may give us a smile, but it is not the same as her number 1 and number 2.
The two speaking children in my house also weighed in on what they were thankful for:

1. homedays (the opposite of school days)

2. yeah days, i don't go to school or have to take a bath.

3. mayme that can make everything yummy to eat. But she died.

4. big swings i can get on myself.
5. mommy-when she is nice to kids. And she gives me tape for my paper when i color.
6. daddy-he pushes me really high on the swings.

1 comment:

MamaDoo said...

I loved the - when you are nice to kids.