Monday, November 29, 2010

It is hard to be the middle child and this is why

I have posted many times that I am a middle child and what that means to me. It is a blessing to be the one in the middle. I also have a soft spot in my heart for my Abby, as she too is blessed (a debatable blessed, but I digress) with being the middle child.
This weekend, Abby earned her middle child stripes. I was running around the house with some Thanksgiving preparation work. I was holding baby Harper who had just had a big breakfast. Will caught both of us in action with his amazing camera work.
I guess I was swinging Harper around a bit too much during my mad dash around the house. Abby was under my feet but it was my sister who brought the situation to my attention. Becca, with a very disturbed voice said: "There is something wrong with Abby." I looked down at Abby and oh, there was something wrong with Abby. Harper had THROWN UP in Abby's hair. It was just a little baby spit up but it still counts as throw up when it in in your hair.

I got the throw up out pretty quick but I could not stop myself from taking a picture first. I tried not to laugh but could not help myself. Abby's face in this picture captures it all.
On nights like tonight, a Monday night, where Abby would not eat her dinner, got frustrated with everything, lied to me about her green beans and talked way to loud, I will think of this. When Abby and her three year old attitude are trying every bit of my patience, I give her one extra pass because she puts up with a lot as my special middle child.

2 comments:

MamaDoo said...

We gotta stick together, it's rough being the jelly sometimes. By the way, Abby look so much like Becca in that pic!

Unknown said...

You have to come to the mountains! I love this blog. It's one of the highlights of my week.