Sunday, January 23, 2011

That is a great dress...again...and again

I will need to start this post by saying I love this dress...really really love it. But, I paid too much for it. I am cheap and I don't buy expensive things, even for big events. I usually go for quantity over quality when it comes to clothes.
However, I needed a dress for one of my best friend's weddings. I shopped and shopped and couldn't find anything I liked. And then I found this dress for $200.00. It was not on sale, clearance or discount, it was just $200.00. I could not buy it. I put it back on the rack.
Two days later, I still didn't have a dress for LPB's wedding. I took Matt back to the store with me and all the kids (now you see how nuts I was) to look at the dress. I tried on a few other dresses too. I had to have it this dress. Matt's exact words were "we have to get out of here, the kids are going nuts, buy that dress and get over it."
So to make up for spending too much, I wear the dress every where. I would wear it shopping if I felt like it wouldn't cause too much of a scene.
1. Here I am with my college/high school girlfriends at LPB's wedding. First wear.
2. Here I am at my work annual awards part. Second wear.
3. Here I am at the neighborhood semi formal wine night (first semi formal wine night ever). Third wear.
If it were not for facebook, I could wear this dress even more than I have. Darn facebook is ruining me getting more value out of this dress. Oh well. Good thing I love this dress.

3 comments:

Kim Sulecki said...

Hilarious! As Jenn would say, your cost-per-wear justifies the price! Hey- I've still got that cream and black polka dot dress in my closet that was passed around the office;)O

Brittany said...

Having seen that dress in person, I have to say that it is pretty fabulous (and well worth the $$)! Wear it with pride...over and over and over again :)

Bethany said...

I'm trying to be a "solutions" kind of woman. Delete every single picture on facebook that tags you in that dress. (aside from the pictures that you look amazingly fabulous in, of course.) Threaten your husband if he posts pictures of you in said dress. Crop your pictures of you IN the dress to different views.....you and your shoulders in the dress, you and your torso in the dress, the bottom of the dress and your knees, etc. Photoshop said garment to look like a different color? Wage war on anyone who mentions that you wear this dress every day of your life? I'm running out of ideas, clearly....but I'm turning into a "solutions" woman.