Monday, April 4, 2011

Garden Helpers

This year, unlike other years, I am enjoying workin in the yard. It is a great stress relief.  While my yard is not looking good yet (not even close), I've had lots of fun potting plants and putting down mulch.  While Will has helped me some-he wants to help with the hedge trimmers and I am not okay with that yet- Abby and Harper are joining me for the gardening work.  Abby calls it "digging."  Here are a few recent pictures of them helping me start some veggie seeds.
Each girl had her own shovel and dirt.

Abby knew this was a photo op and made sure to act accordingly.

Harper is following Abby's lead.  Check out the look Harper is shooting Abby.  Please note Harper's snack bowl on the table.

Now note that Harper's snack bowl is full of dirt.  She put it there.  Relly, she sort of flicked it in there with her shovel.  God made dirt.  Dirt won't hurt.  Still, let's hope she doesn't eat it in large quantities.
Better shot of the dirt.

The finished products of our hard work.  Abby helped me water them after we finished our "digging."

No comments: