Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Harper Turns 4


How did this happen?  When did my little Harper get so big? 
Harper is my funny, sassy, calm 3rd child.  This combination is fascinating and unique in the Perryman family.  Harper is very good at going with the flow.  Going to football?  Sure.  Serving green beans at dinner? No problem. Time to go to bed?  Can do.
Does she comply?  Kind of.  She really just goes along with the plan and then does her own thing.  I call it quite peaceful resistance. 
1.       Football:  She goes, but doesn’t bring shoes.
2.       Dinner: She only eats green beans but nothing else.  She doesn’t say anything, she just doesn’t do it.  Later, she quietly gets a piece of candy.  No fuss (like her siblings).  She just does.
3.       Bed time:  She pulls her bedding into the hallway or Abby’s room.  In her defense, I didn’t tell her where she had to sleep.

Harper, you fascinate me and startle me with you genius.  You have learned to exploit the family rules to your advantage with your quite resistance; something your older siblings were not able to do or didn’t know how to do.  





No comments: