Sunday, September 15, 2013

Shopping with my Big Girls

When I was a little girl (and a big girl), my family’s normal Saturday activity was shopping.  Now that I am grown, it just feels right to go shopping on the weekends.  I do find other activities to do with my family, but I always revert back to shopping.

Harper and Abby are my best shopping companions.   Will tolerates it but doesn’t want to go.  C goes along for the ride, however now she is figuring out how to stand up in the shopping cart, so that adds an extra layer of complexity.

Here are my girls on a recent shopping trip with me.  They are trying on the grown up shoes and walking up and done the aisle of the store.  The conversation goes a bit like this:
Harper: Oh, these are so cute!
Abby: I love those go-go shoes!
Harper: Can I get these mom, they are fabulous! (where DID she learn to talk like that)
Abby: Mom, let’s buy them, we can share!
Me: No, I am not buying you grown up shoes.  (pause).  Ohh Abby, try on these!! (holding up a ridiculous pair of grown up shoes)


Repeat.

No comments: