Saturday, October 10, 2009

Apple picking made me fat


We went apple picking as a family last weekend. While Matt and I tried to tell the kids not to pick too many apples, we lost that fight and brought home WAY more apples then we could ever eat before they went bad. What is a girl to do? Make apple crisp.
I love apple crisp. In the last three days, I have made four apple crisps. One was for a party, one was for my work and two were just for us.
I had Will and Abby help me make one. In the parent magazines, the EXPERTS say that if you involve your kids in food prep, they will try the food. That didn't work with the apple crisps as my kids act like I am making them try the plague.
So, if Will and Abby won't eat them that means that I have eaten a whole apple crisp myself, which means that I have eaten a whole stick of butter by myself. I know I am nursing, but that is ridiculous.
I am never going apple picking again. Or at least I am never bringing home this may apples ever again.

1 comment:

MamaDoo said...

Abby is slaying me with that killer smile! And Will's little arm around her. Love it!