Saturday, October 24, 2009

Good Baby Harper




I can't believe I am even writing this down. We try not to talk about it so we won't jinx ourselves. Now she is six weeks old so I think I am in the clear. Harper is a really good baby. I mean really good. She only gets up once a night. She will sit in her chair and not cry. She doesn't freak out when Will and Abby get in her face.
I was really worried about having a third. What would it be like with three? How would I handle the screaming and the craziness? On the first night home, Harper let me sleep for three hours. My mouth fell open when I looked at the clock. Three hours?!? The clock must be wrong. I knew something was up that first day. I just couldn't talk about the goodness in case it didn't last. But it did last. Right now as I am typing this she is sitting sweetly on my lap making cute baby sounds.
I think I got this good baby so I could handle the craziness. The noise and the crying and the fighting from the other two can make me batty. I know that in a few years that Harper will be so wild that I will have to eat my words, but right now I have a good baby Harper.

2 comments:

Scott & Yael said...

She is so adorable. And we'll keep hoping that you won't have to eat your words...

You guys any healthier?

MamaDoo said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so scared about having another one (in 10 years) because Olivia was noooot a good baby. You deserve it! GOOD GIRL HARPER!