Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Notes from Last night

The fun doesn't stop when the sun goes down. Now as a mom of three, I don't feel bad about getting into the bed at 8:15 and being asleep by 9pm. Actually, I have been doing this for years (even before I had children) but now I can get away with it without people thinking I am weird.
Here are some stories from the late evening/early morning hours of our household.
1. Harper is a good sleeper. She is sleeping from about 10pm to 6pm. I am not gloating...I am just so happy that she is the ONLY one in the house not waking me up between those hours.
2. Will does not want to go to sleep. He doesn't want to miss anything fun. Our rule is that you are allowed to stay awake, you just have to stay in your room. I often go in and find William slumped over his toys or coloring books on his floor, his little four year old hand still holding a truck or a crayon.
3. Abby must have two paci's to go to sleep. If she loses one, she DEMANDS to go to target right then. She wanted to go the other night at midnight when she woke up without one (She woke me up to tell me about it). It is hard to explain store hours to a two year old.
4. At bedtime, Matt has started playing one or two games of "Simon Says" with the kids. Abby screams "I WIN! I WIN" after every game but rarely does actually she win. I don't think she fully gets the game.
My favorite part of the game is that when Matt says "Simon says to put your hands on your hips" we also say "dip, you dip, we dip" and do a little dance. The kids shake their hips and say "you dip, we dip, I dip" and it is awesome. I will try to catch it on video.
Even if I go to sleep early, the party girl in me is not dead.

1 comment:

MamaDoo said...

But you never learned to move those hips independent of your waist! Maybe Abby can get the moves. Love that she demands a Target run for a new paci at midnight...and the shirtless sleep picture. You look like you all have so much fun.