Sunday, December 13, 2009

A quick trip to Washington DC

We only live about an hour and a half away from Washington DC so we went up to visit Matt's college roommates who came to DC for conferences. What the hay, let's pack up all three kids and take a road trip!
We left at 8:45 (with the plans to leave at 8am) but we were in high spirits. We stopped at McDonald's for a fast food breakfast. Because the kids were going to eat in the cars, the kids got pancakes but were not allowed syrup. We could handle the pancake mess in my car and Ben's car (I don't know if he knew what he was getting into) but not the syrup.
After we got the food, the trip was going great. I had Harper in my car and she was napping so I was having a great time. Will and Abby were with Ben and Matt in the car in front of me. I got the most memorable phone call of my life. Matt call and said:
"Hey we have to stop. Abby misses you and Will has to poop."
We made it to DC with no more stops. We went to three different museums and the Washington Monument. In every place, we saw each bathroom at least once and every single escalator that was available. I asked the kids what they liked about the museums. Will responded back: I got to ride the escalator by myself! Hopefully some of Air and Space sunk in around the escalator rides.

No comments: