Monday, November 15, 2010

I love to play with my brother and sister

Harper is a lucky little girl to be born into a family that has constant playmates available for her. There are times when the playmates are not so willing. While on the whole the Abby and Will are very good with Harper, it is hard for them when she is in their stuff...like here where she is chewing on parts of the Wii and standing in front of the TV.
I can't capture it on film well, but it cracks me up to see William or Abby trying to lift Harper to move her. They are frustrated that she is playing with their toys. Harper giggles and smiles as they pick her up (it is hard for them because they are not very big). They set her down at my feet and sigh with their hands on their hips: HARPER IS TOUCHING MY STUFF! The kids go back to the other room. Harper has not stopped smiling. She immediately starts crawling back over to their toys. I just settle down into the couch with a People Magazine to watch the fun and remember my own childhood with my own brother and sister. Kids, it does get better....when someone goes to college.

3 comments:

MamaDoo said...

Or when they are old enough, you can do what my mom did. One year for Christmas, Andrea and I got boxing gloves. I remember her saying, "From now on, I don't care who wins, I just don't want to hear it."

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha ha! My mother, having been an only child, never understood why the three of us fought constantly but somehow thought it was completely normal. Your kids are lucky to have a mother who understands what it means to be a sibling.

Unknown said...

you going to college was the best thing to ever happen to me! ha!