Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010

My Ninja, Princess and Love Bug were awesome this Halloween. They are the perfect age for the Halloween festivities which included a Halloween parade put on by my very cool neighbors in addition to the traditional trick-or-treating. For trick-or-treating we had a rockin time, complete with an impromptu Halloween sound track. The group we went with included:
1. My three kids, as I referred the them earlier: the Ninja, Princess and Love Bug
2. Two additional princesses (all three were in the same Cinderella dress)
3. Two storm troopers (one under 10, one over 30)
4. A Spiderman with no mask and Spiderman's dad who did wear the mask
5. A pirate
6. Dracula
7. The tooth fairy - who as answered the age old question of what you do with a prom dress that still fits. You get a wand, a set a wings and wear that dress again!
8. Three other adults who dressed as adults. Don't let the outfits fool you, I saw everyone in that group break out a dance move during the trick-or-treating event.
9. Matt and I were also there and yes, did not miss the occasion to dress up. Matt went as Tigger. Again. He reminded me that he has owned that costume for longer than he has known me. Wear it proud Tigger.
10. I purchased a Peeps costume online. I laughed at my own joke all night long as I told people I was going as a Sexy Chic.

Getting ready for this American tradition does take more time than I expected. My usual line about having three children: Having three is no more difficult than having one...it is just more car seats. I take that comment back when I was try trying to get ready by dressing three children in complicated outfits, get in my costume, pack drinks for Matt and me, pack a cooler for the kids, pack jackets for later in the evening when it gets cold AND make all this stuff fit in the stroller. For the record, I was on time for the Halloween festivities. I was sweating and so was Matt, but we had all three kids with us and we were ready to be away from the house for the next three hours. Yes, only a three hour tour. So worth it.

3 comments:

Emily said...

It was so much fun to trick-or-treat w/ you all! Let's do it again next year. Mark your calendar!

Anonymous said...

haha...this makes me laugh, only because I sometimes have trouble leaving the house with one! It is hard to get everything in the stroller sometimes!

MamaDoo said...

Oooh Tigger. It just wouldn't be Halloween without him. You all looked adorable.