Sunday, March 6, 2011

This may hurt my rep but...

My mom came up from North Carolina this weekend to celebrate Will’s 6th birthday.  My sister also came to visit.  
I will caveat the rest of the story by letting you know that I love, love, love when family comes to visit.  I do also expect to put up with some gentle ribbing about the gross things that my kids do.  Things like snotty noses, unpleasant smells and dirty kid items, things that are not unique to my own children.  I take all the ribbing in good fun.  Not to mention that I know what they say is completely true (my kids do have snotty noses).  
This weekend, the item for discussion was my trusty high chair.  This chair has survived three Perryman children.  It has not made it through the war without a few, um, scars.  The scars have come in the form of caked on dirt that is too gross to be removed.  Sure, I wash the tray after every meal but the sides and the legs get hosed off about once a year. Yes, I freely admit that the chair is gross.
Becca and Mom are appalled at the chair.  They got out their rubber gloves and cleaning supplies and went after it.   Things I overheard:
Mom said:  Anna, this is really gross.
Me: I know Mom.
Mom said:  I can get off the dirt.  Let me see what I can do.  When was the last time you cleaned this?
Me: I have no clue.  Maybe after Abby stopped using it?  

Becca said:  I think this spot is a really old, glued down squished raisin.
Mom said: Pry it off with a knife.
Becca said: Ew gross, that was not a raisin. 

I will put up with this any day of the week. Check out the before and after pictures. I love you ladies. Thanks for cleaning the highchair.





 

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

Wow, now I know where Cindy gets her "ohmygosh do you ever clean out your freezer?" and "let me get my orange rubber gloves out and wipe down that (insert filthy kid item in our house)" from!!!! I, like you, say "go for it. I don't have the time or energy myself!" :-) Hope to see you all soon!!