Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Telling Stories

At night, before we go to bed, Will and Abby both get stories that I make up. Each child gets their very own story in their own room. Harper does not yet get her own story, but she does stand up in her crib to hear Abby's. Here are the stories from tonight.

Will:
There once was a little boy named Will. He had super powers. His super power tonight is that he (pause for Will to offer what he wants. Then I put it into the story. Laser beams are tonight's power) can shoot laser beams out of his eyes! He got this power from his mommy who could also shoot laser beams out of her eyes. The biggest obstacle with this power is learning how to control it even when you are angry. Can you do that Will? Mommy is still learning to harness this power.
Will did great with his super power but one day, he had to protect his sisters from a bully. He said don't be mean to my family or I will shoot you with laser beams! The bullies laughed at Will. Then he shot them with his laser beams and they ran away, with laser beam holes it their pants. The end (lots of laughs from the little guy).

As a side note, I know you are reading this story and think "How is is possible that Anna is the not the most fun parent in the Perryman house?" I agree, I am also shocked I am not the most fun parent, but alas, Matt is more fun than me because he wrestles with the kids on the floor. I also yell when I get mad.

Here is Abby's story:
There once was a little girl named Abby....the story gets cut off right here so Abby can take over. She then continues the story:
There was also a little mommy named Anna (this was my favorite part). And there were puppies. And Shay-Shay. And Nana and Paw-Dad and Ack-Ack and Day-bid, and Thomas and Shandra: BUT NOT Will or Harper. Just me. Daddy stayed home with Harper and William. And I hugged the puppies because I loved them. And I didn't have to go to sleep at bedtime. And we ate pop-tarts and pizza and juice boxes and we didn't have to eat green beans.

No comments: