Friday, May 20, 2011

Weeknight Dinners

 My neighbor Jen texts me from time to time and asks if we want to combine resources for dinner.  On the nights that I actually check my phone, I say yes (my friends know that am pretty bad about checking my phone...my bad, I am just forgetful).  These nights are a God send.  Jen will bring over whatever she was cooking.  I throw together half of a meal and we combine whatever dinner resources we have to feed the mass of kids.  Here is a sample of one night:  baked potatoes, carrots, chicken, wheat thins, left over spinach dip, grapes and honeydew melon.  If Jen wasn't here, I would only be feeding my kids grapes and potatoes and milk (they would only eat the grapes).  Together, we are giving them a well organized meal that they will actually eat. 

As we prepare the meal, the kids entertain themselves.  Harper still hangs out with Jen and me.  Harper is trying out some melon in the picture below.


After dinner, we sit out side and talk as the kids run around and burn off energy.  I think Will snapped this picture last week on either Tuesday or Friday.  Please notice the kid toys and the kids scattered about.  I think we look relaxed.

Please Note: Mag Ridge families are invited over anytime.  All you need to bring is something to contribute to dinner and your kids to play with my kids.  Text me first, but be prepared for a few days lag time in the reply.

No comments: