Tuesday, May 24, 2011

If you are not blogging, what are you doing?

I am reading, that is what.  I have been addicted to reading two books, The Sparrow and then it's sequel, Children of God.  When I say addicted, I could not stop  reading them.  I could also not stop thinking about them.  I even dreamed about them once or twice.  I would read the books during my lunch break at work.  I read them while Abby watched her show at night.  On our car trip to Wilmington, I told Matt the whole plot line of the first book and then began reading the second book out loud to him.  I am normally not into science fiction (except for the Twilight series but I think that is more tween drama than sci fi) but these books did a great job building an alternate world and making me interested.  The main character lost his faith and then refound it.  I could not get enough.  So that is what I am up to when I am not on my blog...well this, and working, and raising kids, and trying to keep the house clean and the cats fed....poor cats, they at a lot of late night meals when I wanted to finish just one more page.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I downloaded a sample of the Sparrow on my Kindle and read the whole sample in one sitting. I can't wait to download the whole thing and read it! I just have to finish the other book I'm reading first or I'll feel guilty.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I will have to remember this series! Dreaming about books is a serious commitment to them. :)