Sunday, June 26, 2011

This is what crazy looks like

Ever think you might want to paint your dining room?  Ever had hard time deciding on paint colors?  Yes, yes, this is a normal grown up dilemma.  It is not too challenging, there are no real consequences in this decision and it should not be a big deal.  Until you add three kids. 
 I want my kids to be helpful, inquisitive and excited to try new things.  Until it comes to painting my dining room.  Still, I was ready for this and purchased plastic sheeting so they could have a chance to paint too.  Then the paint started flying.  And then the paint started dripping.  I couldn't clean it up fast enough.  This is what house cleaning nightmares are made of.  
Here are my little helpers working away.  They are darn cute and having the best time.  However, there is paint everywhere.  There is paint on Will's shoulder.  I found paint on the bottom of Abby's feet (AFTER she walked on the hardwood floors).  There was paint on me.

And yet, I have still not picked a color for my dining room.  I welcome your input.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm going with the middle one on the top. That's my vote. Oh, and a child friendly pressure washer.

MamaDoo said...

Ooo, I kind of like the slate color, but then again for a dining room I think warmer colors, like the medium brown. Or is that too close to poop?