Thursday, December 27, 2012

The flu does not count as a Christmas present

This year, my kids decided to get sick for Christmas.  In turn, each kid spiked a fever and was down on the couch for their turn with the flu.  My new snuggie that Harper gave me for my birthday came in handy as the favorite blanket during sick episodes.











Cece did sick the best because her illness came with a side of projectile vomit....be thankful I didn't take a picture because I was holding her each time.  Matt saw it happen and he can describe it if you would like, but please don't ask.
I took all four of my kids to the doctor on the Saturday before Christmas to get them checked out and to see if any meds could help.  I also took them BACK in on Christmas eve to have Cece rechecked.  It is times like this where I can see other parents looking at me and thinking: "why does that crazy woman have a traveling zoo with her at the doctor's office?"  Their thoughts come out in much nicer statements, like "you've got your hands full," or "what beautiful children," but I know.  What else could you say if you saw this all sneezing, feverish and loud in the waiting room sitting next to you?  You are just reaching for the hand sanitizer hoping that we all have the same form of one disease (instead of four different diseases) to spread to you and yours.  Giving is better than receiving at Christmas.

The kids did rally for Christmas.  While we were disappointed that we couldn't carry out our fun tradition of Christmas with Aunt Shandra and Uncle Thomas, we were very excited that Santa made it to our house.  I have lots of great Christmas pictures, but some of my favorites are the ones with "sick eyes."   You can see it in their eyes that they don't feel good, but gosh darn it, Santa came and they are going to have fun!


No comments: